The purpose of the Austin High School Alumni Association is to provide a working group to serve, promote and preserve the mutual interests of Austin High School and its proud Panther Alumni. The Austin High School Alumni Association is for the exes of Austin to support Austin High School and its students. We are here to uphold the school traditions and keep the pride and traditions going strong. We provide undivided support to the current students and faculty and are a link to both the present and future students.
The Austin High School Alumni Association is a non-profit organization that welcomes all who wish to join. Alumni members are ex-Austin High School students, graduated, families and friends.
We provide but are not limited to the following:
- Help keep the alumni informed about what is currently happening at Austin
- Award Scholarships for Austin students
- Exes to speak to classes
- Provide for the building to be opened during class reunions so that exes can walk the halls and reminisce about their time at Austin and see the changes since they graduated
- Help with lighting and maintaining the A on the mountain and keep that tradition alive
- Responsible for the solicitation of nominations and selection of the Outstanding Ex Student for Homecoming each year
- Coordinate and hold a Homecoming Reception & Dinner for each year’s Outstanding Ex
- Part of the Freshmen Induction Ceremony which welcomes our incoming Freshmen. The Panther Light of Austin High is passed to them signifying that they will carry on the pride and traditions of Austin High School
- As the Austin Alumni Board of Directors and Officers we are volunteer Panther Exes who meet monthly to plan and coordinate the above mentioned projects
- Maintain an Alumni web page
- Fundraise to financially support these projects